Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Life is Worth the Living

Sometimes I watch Hannah sleeping, and I can’t escape this tightness that forms in my chest. It makes me so sad to think that life won’t be like this forever. My little one is going to grow up, and although I’m so looking forward to watching her blossom, my heart aches over how quickly it’s all going to go by.

Now that we’ve reached November and her brother is expected to arrive this month, I can only think about how much faster it’s all going to go. There is so much that I hope comes true for each of them in this life, but if I could tell them my hopes and dreams right now, my message could be summed up like this:

I don’t care how successful you are according to the world’s standards. The world’s point of view is constantly changing and consistently wrong. This is why you will face heartache and pain, confusion and despair, but sometimes unspeakable joy and hope, and sometimes all at once. You were made for so much more than what the world tells you. Your worth comes from your Creator, and He gave you a mind for knowing Him, a soul for connecting to other souls, and a heart for loving all. Use those things, and you will be richly blessed beyond your wildest dreams.

2 Corinthians 4: 17-18

Henry David Thoreau once said, “Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.” Live the journey deliberately, and you won’t reach the end of your life wondering what it was all about.

Soon I will have two sleeping babies stealing my heart. This is going to be a beautiful month.