Friday, October 3, 2014

31 Days of Strength In Scripture: Who I Am Is Not Who I Have To Be

“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” - Galatians 2:20

This may come as a shock to all of you.

I am not a perfect person.

I know, I know. I'll let that sink in for a bit...

But seriously, I think if we're being honest with ourselves, we all know that we each have individual faults. We have parts of ourselves that we would like to change, and perhaps even parts that need to be changed though we don't even realize it, and one of the perks of living by faith is that we have the power to do so.

I recently came across this article about authenticity and how our generation has come to idolize it. I thought it put into words something that I've noticed but haven't quite been able to put my finger on. We live in a world where we readily embrace our individuality but reject real honesty and truth, to the point that we reject the idea that we need to change. Sometimes we shouldn't follow our feelings – we should use them as a guide to determine how we can be made better.

I need to put myself aside, recognize my need for grace, and be honest about my weaknesses. And I have two very good reasons to do so.
 
 
Authenticity

How To Change Your Heart

What Is My Purpose In Life

God's Will For Your Life
 

Living by faith is a moment by moment sort of thing, but when they see me being open about who I am and being willing to be transformed into something better, they will understand what it means to truly live authentically, in the light of grace.
 
Authenticity - To look like the original, you have to know the source.